Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Design And Construction

This blog is about the construction and design of a trimaran kayak called Ananda that was made a few years ago.

Motivated by the need to sail but in an economical way and without many complications, I came to the conclusion that a small sailboat of these conditions is the ideal.

So it was that the adventure of its construction began.

The "vaka" or central hull is a kayak of own design built in fiberglass.

The two outriggers including the akas were made based on the plans purchased at https://www.clcboats.com/.

The Ananda was equipped with a mainsail that is coiled in the mast and a jib with its respective furling. The furling drum of the mast was built according to a design of John Bull that I bought on the website of "Lost In the Woods Boatworks" "in Ontario Canada. The design of the main rig is the Cruiser 40 Rig developed by John Bull. The "Hood" mainsail is 44ft2 and I also bought it in "Lost in the Woods". The sail turned out to be too small for the kayak so later I had to increase its area.



After a time of tests and mistakes I added a mizzen aft with his respective sail.

Sails and masts were modified and designed specifically according to the characteristics and size of this sailboat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paddling to the San lorenzo island in the new kayak

After some exhausting hours of paddling, I finally reach the island. Taking advantage of having taken my very old  35mm analog camera I ta...